Opera, Flash and the stench of failure...

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:29:39 PST 2008

I added the following to /etc/libmap.conf, as per suggested. (Thank you.)
   [/usr/local/share/opera/plugins/operapluginwrapper]
   libXThrStub.so.6      libXtst.so.6

The error message disappeared, but the flash plugin still does not
register in the plugins list. I have a symlink to the
libflashplayer.so in a directory that opera searches,
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/, but still no go. When I
attempt to, "load new plugins," opera spits the following to the
terminal: "ELF binary type "0" not known."

> FWIW I only started seeing this when I moved to FreeBSD 7 a few weeks
> ago. Before that Flash9 + Opera worked as well (or as badly) as it does
> in Firefox.

I'm using FreeBSD 7.0-RC1, because the FreeBSD 6 variants I tried
refused to boot on this system. (A laptop, with problems.)

Ideas? Thanks for the help thus far.
-Modulok-