FreeBSD 6.3, ftpd and crappy clients

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Feb 29 06:13:59 UTC 2008

I really hate to tell you this but I just tested this with
one of my 6.3-RELEASE servers, and with IE6, and I have no
problem displaying files.

I don't have the other clients loaded (at least not here)
I'll see if I can test them tomorrow.

The URL I used in IE was:

ftp://tedm:password@myserver.mydomain.atld

(obviously you would substitute the appropriate user ID,
password and server)

This was the stock FTP server in 6.3-release

Unless I can duplicate the problem I can't help any
further.

Ted