FreeBSD 6.2-REL, system lockup, recovers when keyboard pressed

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:40:18 UTC 2008

Hi Sean,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Sean Cavanaugh
<millenia2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You look at upgrading to 6.3-REL or 7.0-REL?

Well, I could, but that's a sledgehammer approach and while likely to
work, in the absence of a bug report/fix (I'm not saying there isn't
one), it is not guaranteed to work. For example, it might be freezing
up because of something I can control with configuration (loader.conf
stuff). I'll have to stop the processes for a while and see if I can
reproduce the behaviour while the system is essentially idle.

I'm certainly willing to upgrade but it would be good to go into that
process with more confidence of success.

cheers,
Dale