Printing in Gnome

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 27 20:33:37 UTC 2008

Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> On 27-Feb-2008 20:29:43, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
>

>> You have to adjust the preferences. By  default most applications will
>> print to Post Script  file.
>> You have to put something like lpr or to change default printer.
>>
>> Try to print a PostScript file from the shell with
>>
>> $lpr -Pprintername filename.ps
>>

> Yes, this works for most applications. Thanks!
> Except for OpenOffice, but that's another problem I guess.
>
> Marco

I do not use Open Office so I do not know from the top of my head how to
fix it.

However if you print now from OpenOffice it should print into the
PostScript file. That file is printable with lpr. You can make a small
script that you will put into the .openoffice or something like that
which will execute these
commands simultaneously.

Look for the solution on the net. You are not the first guy who is
trying to print from the OpenOffice running FreeBSD.

Cheers,
Predrag