Printing in Gnome

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 27 19:16:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting things printed in Gnome. CUPS is installed and
printing a test from localhost:631 is working fine. In the gnome-cups-
manager the printer is showing.

But when I try to print a test from the gnome-cups-manager I get a message
that it's printed and the led on the printer flickers, but nothing is
coming out. Even when the cups logfile is saying the print has succeeded.
Also It's impossible to print from any application (Gnome or not), the
printer is not showing, or when trying to print to /usr/local/bin/lpr
nothing happens.

Has someone an idea what to do next?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

--
FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #19

A:	To be or not to be.
Q:	What is the square root of 4b^2?