Adobe Flashplayer

Ian Smith ismith00 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 07:34:04 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: herbert langhans <herbert.raimund at gmx.net>
To: freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:48:08 AM
Subject: Adobe Flashplayer

Hi Daemons,
anybody has some experience what flashplayer to use for Firefox 2.0 on BSD 7.0 RC2? I checked in the ports and find /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin9 - but it obviously requires linux support.

Is there anything more elegant, like a BSD version of it? What do you use for your firefox browsers??

Cheers
herbs

Hi Herbs,

www/swfdec-plugin works well. I'm running it with Firefox 2.0 on 7.0-RC2 as we speak and haven't had any problems. It doesn't support every flash function but it's still pretty good - youtube seems to work well.

Ian.