What periodic process strips executable permissions?

Shawn Barnhart swb at grasslake.net
Mon Feb 25 21:18:18 UTC 2008

I wrote a shell script to email me the output of ntpdc -p and put it in my
crontab.

It works for a week, and at some point over the weekend my script loses its
executable permissions for me (user) but not for group or other.

Is there a FreeBSD periodic job that runs periodically and removes executable
permissions?  I'm pretty sure I didn't make it SUID.  It was rwxr-xr-x and
there are other scripts in the same directory rwxr--r-- that don't lose their
permissions.

I ran through the scripts in /etc/periodic but didn't see anything that made
sense as a culprit.