Sound volume in Totem

Mon Feb 25 00:12:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

Both in 6.x and now in 7 I've had issues with the sound volume in Totem.
When I use vlc then nothing's wrong, but in Totem even with all the
different available volumes turned to the max, I get much less
volume/sound. Previously (6.x on a different machine) I could go into
mplayer and turn it up there which would in turn increase volume of
Totem, but I don't use mplayer on this new machine and never have. Seems
like some global setting is interfering. Even the Gnome Configuration
Editor shows nothing (that I can find that is). I've googled but to no
avail - anybody??

br - Nikolaj Thygesen