Multiple versions of PHP

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:25:19 UTC 2008

I've got a new problem...

While I was able to install PHP 5 into a separate location than PHP 4
(both from ports), I'm now trying to add a PHP 5 extension
(/usr/ports/graphics/php5-gd). The built-in version checking is
saying:

===>  php5-gd-5.2.5 cannot install: doesn't work with PHP version : 4
(Doesn't support PHP 4).
*** Error code 1

... which would be an issue if my PREFIX was the same, but it's not.
Is there a way I can trick the ports system into thinking I don't have
PHP 4 installed?

Patrick