FW: Did Microsoft give up?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Thu Feb 21 22:46:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>>Why do you think hardware producers will like that?
>
>slowest system, and frequent new versions even slower, requiring constant
>buying new hardware

Much the same reason IBM like[ds] JCL on main frames.  Every time
somebody messed it up, it required more computer time on their
iron.  The army of ``systems engineers'' required to feed the
beasts also benefit from the unnecessary complexity.

Bill

The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could
hardly be propagated.  If the doctrine be admitted, rulers have only to
declare war and they are screened at once from scrutiny ...  In war,
then, as in peace, assert the freedom of speech and of the press.
Cling to this as the bulwark of all our rights and privileges.
		-- William Ellery Channing