mount_msdosfs options with mp3 player

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 10:39:08 UTC 2008

Hello,
    I've got a Zen Stone mp3 player that i plugged in to my freebsd 6.2
machine. It was detected fine as da0 and i mounted it with:

mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt

    I'm wanting to make modifications, add/remove files and directories
under fbsd, as opposed to windows. My question is with this mp3 player or a
player in general with the msdosfs filesystem is there any special mount
options i have to pass and failing to do so will corrupt the unit?
    I'd also like this player to always show up as da0 no matter which port
i plug it in to.
Thanks.
Dave.