Ports question

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Wed Feb 20 18:43:38 UTC 2008

James Harrison wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 12:02 -0600, Darryl Hoar wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> I am looking to install a CMS system (something like postnuke) and want to
>> have a blog component.
>>
>> Anybody have any recommendations ?  If it is in the ports, it would be even
>> better.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Darryl
>
> I've been using git  a fair bit; it's fast as all hell. It's what the
> linux kernel guys use, though I'm considering moving over to bazaar
> because it archives more metadata.
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar_(software)
>
> The BSDs traditionally use CVS, so at the very least you know that's
> good over long term for a lot of files.

Uhh, CMS != CVS.

The OP needs to give more information. What are the requirements? Is it
just a blog and a couple of static pages, and very few users? Go with
Wordpress. If you're building a community site or a company site with
lots of pages, customers. editors etc? Drupal is great for that.
$100.000 government site with customizations galore? Use Plone.

All three are in the ports tree.

Erik