diskLabelCommit fails within a sysinstall script?

Jeff Gold jeff.gold at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:17:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> wrote:
>  Just to be clear; I am not suggesting deleting that 'c' partition.

Thanks for the warning.  I never manually delete the ad0s1c partition,
but I'm using Qemu so I do usually rebuild the underlying image to
clear previous state.  That doesn't make things work.  (I also tried
*not* doing so, but the results aren't any different.)  How would I
check what the fstype of a bsdlabel partition is?

Something I've just noticed is that even invoking sysinstall
interactively doesn't change  the outcome.  I believe this means the
FreeSBIE environment I've got set up is bad in some way.  I don't
understand why sysinstall would care but apparently it does.  Does
anyone else use mediaSetUFS or equivalent for installation?

                                                               Jeff