Is my hard ware sufficient?

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 19 09:21:04 UTC 2008

Lone Wolf wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm thinking to install FreeBSD on my old PC.
> ---
> Processor: Intel Celeron 1.3 GH
> RAM: 192 MB
> ---
> Is my hard ware sufficient?
> Thanks.

Sufficient for what? What do you want to run on that computer? A
workstation? A firewall? A mail server? Apache?

Assuming you want to run a work station I would recommend at least 256Mb
or RAM. The more is the better. Your BIOS would probably see up to 512Mb
RAM. CPU speed is more than enough .  I would use  at lest  6Gb  HD
for  a work  station.

You computer would with above specifications would make a great thin
client, firewall, home made router or  DNS  server.

Cheers,
Predrag