Freebsd-update questions

yar owensr57 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:31:52 UTC 2008

1. The network on which my servers reside does not have direct internet
connectivity. Is it possible to use freebsd-update through a http proxy on a
Linux box that does have the connectivity?

2. My servers have their kernels compiled with the SMP Kernel and Polling
support only. Can I use freebsd-update with these systems or are they too
far removed from GENERIC kernel. Will using freebsd-update in such a case
trash system, leave it unaffected or update it, but to a GENERIC version of
the errata branch selected?

Thanks.