Still looking for a calendar server...

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Tue Feb 19 00:28:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 00:26 +0100, Jan-Hendrik Zab wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:21:44 +0000
> Da Rock <rock_on_the_web at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey,
> > I've brought this up before, I know, but I need a caldav server that
> > will work with evolution. I've checked out Darwin Calendar Server,
> > but they are not going to solve an issue (as of 2006) that means
> > evolution can't use it, and evolution won't budge either- so a
> > mexican stand-off and I'm caught in the middle (probably with others).
>
> I'm currently looking for a caldav/calendar server myself. There are
> actually quite a few, but I guess a lot won't met your specific
> requirements. To name a few:
>
> caldav:
>  - bedework
>  - davical
>  - zimbra
>  - cosmo
>
> webdav:
>  - horde
>  - phpcalendar
>
> Bedework seems to be a nice choice, I haven't found a way to integrate
> tomcat into LDAP yet. But I'm not familiar with tomcat, so that's to be
> expected. Davical doesn't seem to care about the access rights I
> configured in the web interface, a bug I guess.
>
> > So that brings me back to the Apache module under construction
> > (mod_caldav), but nothing seems to be happening with it. I've
> > requested support on the forum their at sourceforge, but I have had
> > no response for over a week, and no responses have been issued since
> > april 2006.
>
> I didn't know that such a module existed, I'll look into it! :)
>
> 	Jan-Hendrik Zab

I'm currently looking into bedework now- it seems ideal, but getting
tomcat to work with apache is becoming a challenge. I'm using mod_jk but
it doesn't appear to be cooperating yet.

What is your experience in building apache modules? The problem is
mainly in the mod_dav_acl module which needs xattr.h. I'm wondering if
we can "borrow" the headers from another source.

I haven't checked zimbra or cosmo properly yet, but at first glance it
appeared they didn't quite have what I wanted.