upcoming version 7.0 live disc

Robert Joosten robert at ml.erje.net
Sun Feb 17 15:37:06 UTC 2008

Hi list,

a friend visited my place yesterday bringing his HP netserver LH3 with
him, 3 9GB's scsi discs in it. Dual pentium II 450. 512 RAM. No hardware
raid though.

Given the fact 7.0 is near including ZFS. Given the fact, as I understand,
freebsd can boot of ZFS I wanna make raid1 on/with ZFS. Now my question:
does the version 7 livedisc understands ZFS ootb ? So I can create pools
etc, format, label, etc etc. All the things that now are possible with
UFS2. And even better: is the installer able to deal with ZFS ?

I plan to make this box doing sql and it would be great if, in case of
disaster, I can perform a bare metal recovery.

Any insights are welcome.

Cheers,
Robert