question about xwindows

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sun Feb 17 14:13:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven wrote:
> Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>
>>> first of all, you used that bad letter. Just call it X. Never add an
>>> s at the end of the other word. Some people are real allergic to this.
>
>> no allergic, just matter of proper naming. X Window System is not a
>> kind of windows.
>>
>> KDE is not a kind of X Window System too..
>
> Oh come on people...
>
> Someone new to UNIX asks about adding a printer and in response we start
> bickering about the above? What kind of arrogant, know-it-all pedants must
> the OP think we are?

he will then be well prepared.

Joke aside, there was some help at the end of the original posting. His
question was just a bit to unspecific for me to be able to understand
his real problem. It seems that his son installed him FreeBSD plus KDE
without a printer or he installed a printer and did tell the father how
to use it.

Just check his original post, you might can help him.

Erich