(no subject)

Lubomir Matousek lubos.matousek at lubnet.net
Sat Feb 16 08:12:21 UTC 2008

Dear list,

I have the following problem when using rmuser (freebsd 6.2)

----------

rmuser -v hana

Matching password entry:

hana:*:1091:1092::0:0:/usr/home/hana:/usr/sbin/nologin

Is this the entry you wish to remove? yes Remove user's home directory
(/usr/home/hanka)? yes Removing crontab for (hana):.

Removing at(1) jobs owned by (hana): 0 removed.

Removing IPC mechanismsipcs: sysctlbyname: kern.ipc.shmmax: No such file or
directory

ipcs: sysctlbyname: kern.ipc.shmmax: No such file or directory

ipcs: sysctlbyname: kern.ipc.shmmax: No such file or directory .

Terminating all processes owned by (hana): -KILL signal sent to 0 processes.

Removing files owned by (hana) in /tmp: 0 removed.

Removing files owned by (hana) in /var/tmp: 0 removed.

Removing mail spool(s) for (hana): /var/mail/hana.

Removing user (hana) (including home directory) from the system: Done.

The problem started, when I accidentaly deleted /usr/home directory and I
had to create a new one. I checked /etc/password file and the direcory
existed before using rmuser. Can anybody help please?

Lubos