/bin/csh script in GELI partition crashes 6.3-STABLE

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 12 14:15:22 UTC 2008

Scott Bennett wrote:

>      It does it every time, so it is certainly repeatable.  Is this a
> known problem?  Or is there some feature of GELI-encrypted file systems
> that is expected to have problems running scripts?  (I do not know whether
> the problem is limited to /bin/csh scripts.  After several crashes in just
> a few minutes, I decided I had had enough of that for one night.)
>      If anyone has seen this happen before, please let me know.

This is absolutely not a common problem, and it's unlikely that the
shell script is the direct cause of the reboots. Are there any messages
written on the console juse before the reboots? Are the reboots actually
kernel panics? If so, you'll need to track down the messages and report
them
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html),
if not, it's maybe a hardware problem. Is there something unusual about
your hardware?