linux compat: path problem? /compat/linux/bin/sh doesn't work!

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Mon Feb 11 16:51:06 UTC 2008

I think I have a major problem with my linux compatibility.  It
started when a third party setup program complained about ELF ABI
types on a shared library, so I did a little experiment:

> /compat/linux/bin/sh
sh-3.00$ ls
ls: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF
file OS ABI invalid
sh-3.00$

So............................that don't seem right.  How do I get
/compat/linux/bin/sh to work right?  New .shrc file?  Something I
missed?

Thanks,
Steve