libicui18n.so.36 not found, required by "evolution"

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Mon Feb 11 02:48:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, ejcerejo at optonline.net wrote:

[ sorry, I couldn't entirely recover the format; need a newline once in
a while! ]

From: Chris Hill
Date: Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:51 pm
Subject: Re: libicui18n.so.36 not found, required by "evolution"
To: "E. J. Cerejo" Cc: Dominic Fandrey , freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>

> > > I just ran pkg_libchk -m piped to a file but looks pretty
> > > confusing, is there a way to get only the output for the lines
> > > containing /usr/local/lib/libicui18n.so.38?

> > Umm... why not
> > $ grep libicui18n.so.38 filename
> > ...or pipe your output through grep in the first place, e.g.
> > pkg_libchk -m | grep libicui18n.so.38

> Yes I do know how to do that but what I really wanted is how to send
> the output directly into a file and not to the terminal.  I used the >
> [filename] next to the above command but I get the file without the
> grep effect, another words I get everything as if I ran just
> pkg_libchk -m with the grep option.

So you did
$ pkg_libchk -m | grep libicui18n.so.38 > filename
...and got lines in filename that don't contain 'libicui18n.so.38'? If
so, that makes no sense whatsoever. You may have larger issues here.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]