is libfontconfig.so part of linux-xorg-libs?

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Feb 8 20:22:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:59:24 -0700 Steve Franks wrote:

> I have the latest linux-xorg-libs installed, but I get the following
> from a script kicked off from /compat/linux/bin/sh:

>    libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: ELF file OS ABI invalid

This is really a FreeBSD library. The linux one should be at
"/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1" and thus may be
displayed as "/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1".

> So, am I just missing that .so, or am I running the linux program

This may help to find out if you have the needed file:
-----
% ls -l /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so*
-----

If you have this file than there is two possibilities:
. either your app needs a new libfontconfig (with new API, 2.6 kernel)
  then you may try to use linux_base-f7 (has some known issues for
  now);
. or you may have some non-default environment (see /usr/ports/UPDATING
  for more info on this) which prevents from finding this library
  before a FreeBSD one -- try to remove non-default environment.

> incorrectly or have I misconfigured.  I thought fontconfig was pretty
> basic, so I am assuming I have it an am missing something else.

> I've just set up linux compat and already got the kernel module loaded
> and linprocfs (which was causing another error by it's absence) all
> working, so I feel I must be getting close!

Is this linux application from ports collection?

WBR
--
bsam