Please help in diagnosing these smartmon messages

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Thu Feb 7 22:29:33 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 04:14:39 Andrew Falanga wrote:

> I know it's probably near impossible to know exactly how much longer this
> drive has, but how serious are these errors?  As I mentioned, the
> unreadable sectors on the hard drive are repeated many times in the log ( >
> 100 times).

If it's not dead already, it can be when you read this or in 2-3 months. I
usually change the cable on the first read error I see popping up, just to
rule out the cable. If the errors persist, it's time to order and stop adding
new stuff to the disk.
Since it's a church disk, you might have better luck with your prayers then
most people.
--
Mel