Some ideas for FreeBSD

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wundram at beenic.net
Thu Feb 7 07:17:19 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 07:32:16 schrieb Jason C. Wells:
> Norberto Meijome wrote:
> > But I agree with Wojciech..do you really want to use swap files?
>
> One could mount an md filesystem and then use that as swap.  That way
> you wouldn't need to use any disc space.  As a plus, the performance
> would be way better than disc.

Ahem, sorry, that's just plain stupid. Either the md system is backed up by
RAM (in which case you don't need the swap anyway; why'd you want to access
RAM by putting it in a swap on an md in RAM?), or it's backed up by swap, in
which case you have a chicken and egg problem.

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development