is there a 2.3.x package for OO?

Gaspar Chilingarov casper at web.am
Thu Feb 7 06:35:20 UTC 2008

My personal choice is to run 32-bit Linux version of OO under linux
emulation (2.4.x branch)

First of all it survives FreeBSD base system/gcc/etc updates pretty well
:) when using native one you should fiddle with compat libraries
sometimes and so on.

Second -- it runs faster than native one :), especially if you got
64-bit processor.

Third -- you can get more recent linux version earlier than freebsd
package. I'm running -CURRENT, so FreeBSD packages complited for older
version not always work well or even does not work at all.

/Gaspar

--
Gaspar Chilingarov

System Administrator,