OT: Whats wrong with gmail?

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:08:54 UTC 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 1:42 PM, Gerard <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:26:20 -0500
> "Jeremy Gransden" <jeremy.gransden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I was prompted by a comment in another thread about gmail; and other
> > than the absolutely annoying way it quotes,  what is wrong with gmail?
>
> There are several glaring deficiencies with gmail. Just for starters,
> unless it has been changed in the past month or so, there is no way to
> 'forward as attachment' email.

I can think of several others - yet I use gmail, because it's so
convenient. Some of this can be mitigated by using a POP3/IMAP client
instead of the web interface.

1) can't put a graphic in-line with text

2) forwards and replies *ruin* html-formatted emails

3) message threading seem to be based on the subject line, not the
message-id - this one is actually the most frustrating one for me.