Xorg NV driver problems GeForce 6200

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Wed Feb 6 11:26:12 UTC 2008

Joshua Isom wrote:

> On a slightly off note, my BIOS seems to want to hide the integrated
> graphics if an AGP card is attached, even though I've had it working
> fine.  Is there a way to be able to use the integrated graphics even
> though an AGP card is attached?

Is it detected by FreeBSD?  What's the output of pciconf -lv?  It should
be pretty easy to spot.  If it's not detected then there's not much
FreeBSD can do, I would think.  Play with the BIOS; complain to the
manufacturer; remove the NVidia card....

I have had no end of trouble with a 6600; nv did start but locked up
inside 5 mins - haven't tried 7.3 yet.  nvidia on i386 will stop getting
interrupts after heavy ethernet traffic which only seemed to happen
after I went SMP; thread on the nvidia forums ends with no particular
resolution.  Sympathy, but no help :-(

--Alex