OT: www search engines

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Feb 6 00:06:09 UTC 2008

--On Wednesday, February 06, 2008 00:46:25 +0100 Wojciech Puchar
<wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> what search engines, other than Google, do you find useful for general use?
>
> google simply don't like to talk with me, when i like to use anything to
> protect my privacy. i don't abuse this service, but i don't like google
> tracing what i search, when and why.
>
> it started maybe week ago, so i have to use something else.

I have always, and continue to, used Altavista.  I like the ability to quote
search terms and narrow the search to only what I'm looking for.  I use Google
when I need to do "search term site:utdallas.edu" for something, but other than
that, I use Altavista.  Don't know what tracking they do, though.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst