Libnet in FreeBSD

Bhuvaneswari Ramkumar ramkumar at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 5 17:05:07 UTC 2008

ok after that e-mail last night, I did try a make of the ports collection
libnet
after the make, everything looked fine, atleast I didnt notice anything
missing in the log or config files but I still see the same problem, "
undefined reference to libnet_init" and msgs liks that for every libnet
call. I used -lnet too, but of no use, even did the changes in make file
that mel had suggested in the previous post.

So I dont know what the problem here is or if this is some incompatibility
between how i have BSD and how I have libnet or probably they are not
linking together or something like that.

Otherwise I dont see why the compiler doesnt recognize any libnet function
calls.

Here is a question I have, I've worked in TinyOS before and I'm wondering if
in Libnet we need a separate directory for each application with its own
custom-written make file, or things can just be in one pool from where they
are compiled. I do a simple cc -lnet filename.c compile.
Is there something else I'm missing here ?
Thanks
Bhuvana