xterm question

Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:32:46 UTC 2008

    swell> Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> writes:

    >> it's a stupid little question really but I have an xterm filled with a
    >> log file (telnetted into another machine) which is scrolled off the
    >> screen. How do I select all the text in one go? I only seem to be able
    >> to select the visible screenful, copy, paste into text file, scroll
    >> up, select the next screenful etc. I want the screen to scroll when
    >> the mouse pointer hits the top or bottom of the window.
    >>
    >> The best I've done so far is script - it works but it's messy.

    swell> 1 start selection by left mouse button
    swell> 2 scroll to the end of desired text
    swell> 3 extend selection by right mouse button

    swell> ?

Thanks for the solution. It works for me :)

--
Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल                      http://wahjava.wordpress.com/
freed.in | freedom in technology and software | 22-24 February 2008 | Delhi