OT: Silly Bind question

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Sun Feb 3 08:07:11 PST 2008

Andy Dills wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, DAve wrote:
>> I am stumped, what have I done wrong?
>
> You'll kick yourself. Here's the hint:
>
> /users/andy>dig @ns1.totallogic.com ftp.pixelhammer.com txt
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> @ns1.totallogic.com ftp.pixelhammer.com txt
> ; (1 server found)
> ;; global options:  printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 3
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;ftp.pixelhammer.com.           IN      TXT
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> ftp.pixelhammer.com.    86400   IN      TXT     "v=spf1 ip4:65.196.224.82 ip4:65.196.224.83 ~all"

I'm kicking but it ain't helping. Interesting that the host ftp works.
It is also the last host in the zone. I tried tying the txt record to
the origin but no change. According to the Bind book, and to the openspf
folks, this should work.

pixelhammer.com.	IN	TXT	"some sorta krazy text string"

But it don't. Now, I am even more confused. Does the location of the
Text record 'within' the zone file make a difference?

Thanks,

DAve

--
Google finally, after 7 years, provided a logo for
veterans. Thank you Google. What to do with my signature now?