Question about restore

Leonid Satanovsky leosat.it at ariel.ru
Sat Feb 2 06:11:33 PST 2008

Hi there!

(1) You MAY TRY Frenzy [ http://frenzy.org.ua/en/ ] FreeBSD LiveCD
distribution for the task.
I didn't, but, I think, it MAY help you. )

(2) I failed to do thing like this from the FreeBSD CD in FixIt mode...
It said something like "not enough space (on a memory filesystem)",
*as I remember*.

(3) My way:
I first install a minimal distribution of FreeBSD on a new machine, then
do something like
# cd / && gunzip -c /mnt/remote_storage/old_host_root.dmp.gz | restore
-ruf -
<...>
# shutdown now
<...>