Removing FreeBSD

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Feb 2 05:38:42 PST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:55:59 -0800 (PST)
Bnw CmpRpr <bnwcmprpr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi. I recently purchased a HDD from a man that runs a data center,
> and on this HDD is FreeBSD. My problem is I want it off, and for some
> ungodly reason, it keeps coming back. I cant format the drive with
> Windows, and I cant load it as a slave to format, either. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am sure that you will receive several suggestion on how to achieve
your goal. You might want to visit http://www.freedos.org/ and download
a copy of FreeDos. Install it on a floppy disk and use it to nuke your
HD. You can even repartition it, format it, etc. It works well as a
simple utility program. The documentation sort of sucks; however, it
really isn't that difficult to figure out.

--

Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

Shaw's Principle:

	Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will
	want to use it.