rkhunter: "find: /dev/fd/3/* No such file or directory" error

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sat Feb 2 05:08:54 PST 2008

Hi all,

Lately I have been seeing a lot of errors generated when I run
rkhunter on a daily basis by cron:

find: /dev/fd/3/sendmail.st: No such file or directory
find: /dev/fd/3/userlog: No such file or directory
find: /dev/fd/3/lastlog: No such file or directory
[...]

I am afraid I don't know quite enough about the BSD filesystem to know
what dev/fd/3 is. The thought occurs to me that it might have
something to do with my installing  (ob)spamd which requires the
addition of the following line in fstab:

fdescfs         /dev/fd     fdescfs rw 0 0

Just a wild guess.

FYI:
$ uname -r
7.0-PRERELEASE