local copy of handbook

Masoom Shaikh masoom.shaikh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 04:46:43 UTC 2008

hello list,

in my previous FBSD installations i always had a local copy of handbook
never bothered how it got there, until now. i lost my installation due to
some good ups. reinstalled minimal 7.0 and build installed kernel & world

uname -a
FreeBSD raptor 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #0: Wed Dec 17 13:27:42
UTC 2008     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARGON18  amd64

now i cannot see local copy of handbook, i had look at FreeBSD Documentation
Primer
but that seems overkill and geared towards contributing documentation
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/fdp-primer/

also I cud use tarballs from FTP, but is there easy way to install them ?
also csup didn't help here is my csup file

*default tag=RELENG_7
*default host=ftp2.tw.freebsd.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/var/db
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
src-all
doc-all

csup updates the source each time, but now i am not sure about doc!!

hints and help ?

Masoom Shaikh