Open with O_APPEND fails

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Dec 28 05:46:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 05:03:59AM +0100, Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> > Just a thought, but have you figured out what the value of
> > that OR is? then check the 6.x and 7.x src.
>
> You mean O_RDONLY? Is not that 0? So that O_RDONLY | O_APPEND is the
> same as O_APPEND? (That is why I am writing about O_APPEND flag and
> not O_RDONLY | O_APPEND as that bug report.
>

> Mitar

	i WAS in fact, just looking at man open, but not the header.
	just check the int values for the two #defines, OR them, then
	stare at the 6.x and 7.x code.  more simply, diff the two....

	this is a bug--thanks for the Clue--but it is fixable.

	nutshell, it may be zero: i don't know.

	gary

    The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php