Perl 5.10?

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Dec 27 20:06:51 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 03:27:19 Jerry wrote:

> Since it does seem to work quite well under Linux, I was wondering
> if there was some fundamental flaw in FBSD that prevented it from
> working correctly here. Even so, failing to get  a major project like
> Perl running properly in over a year on FBSD does not bode well for the
> OS.

Aside from the rest said in this thread, maybe you should consider the fact
that it's a cross platform scripting language's responsibility to provide
compatibility for the operating system, not the other way around.
Also, Perl should really be cremated already, but you can file that
under 'opinion'.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.