Could not find package - using ports

Luca Presotto presotto at mail.cern.ch
Mon Dec 22 15:09:52 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,
	I'm upgrading all the ports I have installed and the command I
used is "portupgrade -aP", exluding ruby and portupgrade itself.
Sad news is that for every single package it tries to fetch it doesn't
find anything, so it uses the ports, and it needs lots of time to compile
everything. (gnome, X, firefox are not so fast to compile!)
Am I doing something wrong or /Luca]$ ssh presotto at lxplus.cern.ch
  PINE 4.58   COMPOSE MESSAGE                       Folder: INBOX  4
Messages  +

To      : freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Cc      :
Attchmnt:
Subject : Could not find package - using ports
----- Message Text -----
Hi everyone,
        I'm upgrading all the ports I have installed and the command I
used is "portupgrade -aP", exluding ruby and portupgrade itself.
Sad news is that for every single package it tries to fetch it doesn't
find anything, so it uses the ports, and it needs lots of time to compile
everything. (gnome, X, firefox are not so fast to compile!)
Am I doing something wrong or are the packages really missing?

I'm using freeBSD 7.0-release on a i386 architectyre and I'm trying to
update the ports after
having done portsnap fetch update, so it should be trying to install the
latest version of the ports.

Thank you,
	Luca