Video driver

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat Dec 20 15:35:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Alain BATARD wrote:

> I am M. Alain BATARD and i work in a formation center.
> For my Unix course i use Freebsd (V 7), we recently change our computers for
> laptops (Compaq 6820s) these computers are equipped with integrated video :
> ATI Mobility Radeon X1350, after looking for drivers to launch Xorg, i can
> only use the very poor video in VGA mode, is there any possibilities to find
> the good driver even by using xorgconfig or manually ?

Try x11-drivers/ati and x11-drivers/radeonhd from ports.  Robert Noland
has been working hard at support for more and better Radeons, but those
changes and the new xorg won't come out until sometime after 7.1 is
released.  The FreeBSD X11 mailing list will probably be more helpful
for xorg problems:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/