Unable to delete directory even after change of ownership.

BSD_Newbie it_manager at gmx.com
Fri Dec 19 03:40:20 UTC 2008

Glen,

The directory was empty.
only the usual directories "." and ".." were present when I try to delete
the /home/my_repos directory.

the directory "." had owner and group as svn and repo_admin respectively
the directory ".." had owner and group as root and wheel respectively.

These settings are NOT  UNUSUAL. The directories "." and ".." under
/home/svn also have the same permission/owner-group info as above.

I do not understand as to why the -r switch is needed. However, I shall give
it a try and keep you posted.

Thanks for addressing my post.

Cheers.