FreeBSD 7 load hangs on boot

ThinkDifferently Jeremy at FutureCIS.com
Thu Dec 18 00:54:46 UTC 2008

Polytropon wrote:

> ThinkDifferently wrote:
>> hptrr: no controller detected.
>
> It looks like there's a proble with the hptrr driver? Have you
> tried loading the "HighPoint RocketRAID device drive" by putting
>
> 	hptrr_load="YES"
>
> into /boot/loader.conf?
>
> Further information can be obtained by:
>
> 	% man hptrr
>
> Check if your particular controller is supported.

I went back to this, using my USB boot device and edited /boot/loader.conf
to have hptrr_load="YES".  Still, no joy.

Also, I've been able to determine that I don't have a RocketRAID device.
That's a separate RAID card, and I simply don't have one.  What I have is an
onboard NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller.  I'm befuddled as to why FreeBSD
thinks I have RocketRAID.