PHP and PHP-Extensions

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Dec 17 22:55:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:22:55 -0500, "Grant Peel" <gpeel at thenetnow.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a somewhat broken installation of php 4.4.7 and the
> extensions and want to completely remove them and reinstall them.
>
> How does one conpletely remove php4 (from ports) and the
> extensions to ensure a clean install?

One way would be to chenge into the ports directory and do
a "make deinstall" for PHP and the extensions.

Another way would be to run "pkg_delete /var/db/pkg/<name>" on
PHP and its extensions.

Both ways should inform you about files that the deletion process
would not delete, so you can delete them manually afterwards.

Then there should be no problem doing a clean reinstall.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0