looking for a secondary.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Dec 17 18:12:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 09:33:21PM -0800, Bill Campbell wrote:

> >	well, i've certainly asked more ignorant q's, so hrer goes:
> >	what is a ``zone''?  i do my own dns and have since 04/2001.
> >
> >	thought.org is my one domain, altho i've got several virtual
> >	websites.
> >
> >	a number of people have offered to be my secondary, something that
> >	warms me to the core.  this happened once before--i needed a secondary
> >	and had to scramble.  like to take care of it before something
> >	else happened!  --i'm rambling, sorry.
> >
> >	again, a Zone is?
>
> A zone file has all DNS records related to a domain.

	Well, then I've got one zone.  (Just _thinking_ about what
	Cricket Liu wrote about creating different levels [in BIND AND DNS]
	gave me the creeps, so I skipped that.)

	Following the Keep It Simple Sir philosophy does have its payoffs.

	gary

    The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php