Optimising pxeboot disk size

Bernard Dugas bernard at dugas-family.org
Tue Dec 16 12:47:51 PST 2008

Paul B. Mahol wrote:

> On 12/16/08, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

>>>When you want to change something, you add a rw TransparentLayer :
>>>mount -tl yournfsserver:/StationYchanges/etc /etc
>>>
>>>So that changed or added files are only stored in this rw partition, thus
>>>very small and easy to manage.
>>>
>>>This would be a kind of partition inheritance, like in object languages...
>>>
>>>Dreams are allowed :-)
>>
>>try mount_unionfs
>
> and mount_nullfs

Thanks Paul, FreeBSD has always hidden treasures :-)

MOUNT_NULLFS(8) doc is very detailled, but i can't find how to use it
for my problem : being able to go from common shared configuration to
specific private configuration.

unionfs looks very close to my dream, but it is currently not available
for production :-(

Best regards,
--
Bernard DUGAS Mobile +33 615 333 770