power management

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Mon Dec 15 13:40:00 PST 2008

my son read somewhere that linux does better power management than
freebsd. one specific item being that the cpu scaling is more
efficiently handled.

i don't know much about this stuff so i thought i'd ask here.

1. is there any accuracy to the statement?

2. is cpu scaling a kernel issue? if so, does this mean that the linux
kernel has coding in it which deals with the scaling better?

3. are we comparing simple default kernels? can the fbsd kernel be
recompiled appropriately to match or exceed the linux one?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's