Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Dec 15 05:35:08 PST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:12:16 +0100 (CET),
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>>> freebsd-questions	User questions and technical support
>>
>> Exactly.  Note, however, that 'user questions' means something very
>> different from what you are pushing to convince everybody else :-)
>
> so please start to answer every possible question. for example problems
> with windows ftp program.
>
> it's very FreeBSD-related, as user wanted to download something from
> server running FreeBSD.

I don't know why you are so certain that the FTP server has no bugs at
all, and why it is worthless to spend some time troubleshooting this
further.  It may sound surprising but this sort of thing may actually
lead to an *improved* FreeBSD system by finding bugs that are triggered
by the particular combination of client & server.

If this doesn't sound interesting to you, then that's ok.  You shouldn't
feel that it is a duty of yours to do anything about it.  All I'm asking
in this and previous posts is that you don't take such a strong stance
against *others* who may feel inclined to help with the particular issue.