imagemagick convert: japanese text broken in freebsd

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 14 15:45:00 PST 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:18:47 +0100 (CET), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> There are some of us here who are interested in all things related to
>> Unicode and complex scripts questions; we are interested to have such
>> things working on FreeBSD. The OP's question was very interesting to me
>> _as a FreeBSD user_. You are of course not obliged to reply at all.
>>
>> The fact that people often get better replies about "application X
>> running on FreeBSD" on FreeBSD list than on a native list/forum reveals
>> something good about FreeBSD community IMHO.
>
> or very bad app X support.
>
> anyway - it's NTG! it's really HARD today to browse that list and see
> anything about FreeBSD.
>
> if it has to be "every app on the world support" - why it's not called
>
> everything-question at freeBSD.org

It *is* called what you don't want to believe its name is.

The name is `freebsd-questions' not `freebsd-questions-about-the-base-system-only'.

Wojciech, I am aware that this is probably going to be hardly enough to
convince you, but you are _harming_ the Project by posting this sort of
thing to the list of `_general_ questions about FreeBSD'.  Please, STOP
doing that.  We may have to block you from posting to the lists if this
keeps going and increasing in intensity.