is there a way to get an ACK from the mutt version of FBSD?

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:02:51 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

>        guys,
>
>        i did something to evolution (or mail) so it sends a "your mail was opened
>        on user at foo.com".  i've been hunting thru the mutt docs; i do not see how to
>        get a similar ack from mutt as evo.  is there, perhaps a sendmail.[cf|mc]
>        way lost in the reams of pages in my sendmail book?  [2 da ago i send
>        cold-call mail to a few experts; one at least read my paragraph.  i'd like
>        to know at least that my mail arr and hopefully was glanced at!]

I believe you're looking for a receipt confirmation tool, but I don't
believe mutt has that capability, as its job is to write mail, and
direct it to the MTA.

Either way, receipt confirmations are not always accurate, as I never
send confirmations that I have received mail -- then I'd *need* to
reply.

--
Glen Barber

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to
show you how it's done."
 --Scott Adams