use different mouse/input devices in X.org

Marco ilikefbsd at web.de
Sat Dec 13 08:05:40 PST 2008

Hello Patrick,

works like a charm. I had to test a little bit, but i ended up with
/dev/sysmouse in Xorg config and the following lines in the devd.conf:

attach 200 {
        device-name "psm0";
        action "/usr/sbin/moused -a 2 -p /dev/psm0 -I
/var/run/moused.psm0.pid;
/usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on"; };

attach 220 {
        device-name "ums0";
        action "/usr/sbin/moused -a 2 -p /dev/ums0 -I
/var/run/moused.ums0.pid; /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on"; };

Where "psm0" is my touchpad and "ums0" my external mouse. Ok i never
wanted mouse support on the console, but it's maybe i feature i'll get
used to ;-)
Thanks a lot,
 Marco